Who do I contact with tree-related issues?

If your tree is on city-owned property, such as tree lawns, rights-of-way, city park grounds, contact the Urban Forestry Manager at 440-899-3484.

If your tree is on your private property it is important to have a Certified Arborist who is a registered contractor in Bay Village evaluate your tree.  

To report a hazardous tree, contact the Service Department at 440-871-1221 during business hours, Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. At all other times, call the Police Department non-emergency line at 440-871-1234.

If you have questions or concerns about a tree on adjoining private property we highly recommend having a conversation with your neighbor before taking any action. Finding a mutually beneficial outcome and engaging in civil discourse if always the best course of action.  Trees provide us all immense benefits but can also be hazardous or detrimental. A friendly conversation and the advice of a Certified Arborist will be immensely helpful.

Show All Answers

1. How deep should the mulch be around my trees?
2. Who do I contact with tree-related issues?
3. What is a Certified Arborist and why should I always use them?
4. What types of trees are recommended for Bay Village?
5. Where can I buy trees?
6. What are the benefits of having trees?
7. What are those numbered metal tags on my street trees?
8. When can I prune my oak trees?