Trash & Recycling
Bay Village has contracted with Republic Services for refuse and recycling collection. Republic has provided refuse and recycling carts to each home in Bay Village. The carts remain the property of Republic Services and should not be removed from the residence.
If your refuse or recycling is not collected as scheduled, or if your cart is broken, contact Republic Services at 1-800-433-1309 immediately for assistance.
Recycling right means focusing on the five items that belong in curbside recycling:
- Cans: Empty and rinse
- Cartons: Empty, rinse, replace the cap - it’s too small to be recycled by itself
- Glass: Empty and rinse
- Paper and Boxes: Flatten cardboard items, like cereal boxes, to save space
- Plastic Bottles, Jugs and Food Tubs: Empty, rinse, remove all food residue, replace the cap
- Everything else is considered contamination.
Do not dispose of recyclables in plastic bags, or include plastic bags with your recycling.
Recycle textiles and small usable household items. To schedule a free home pickup go to https://simplerecycling.com/.
You no longer need Simple Recycling bags! Simply fill any bags or boxes, label them and place them outside your front door!
How to Dispose of Other Items
- The Bay Village Green Team sponsors an annual shredding day for residents to drop off documents for shredding and recycling. Check the calendar for upcoming dates.
- Bay Village Service Garage household hazardous waste and computer equipment drop off
- Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District "What Do I Do With?" search engine