- County Services
- County Home Maintenance Programs
County Home Maintenance Programs
The Cuyahoga County Department of Development offers a variety of home loan programs to assist residents with their home repair and remodeling projects.
Cuyahoga County has many wonderful older homes that were built to last. These homes are part of our heritage and we can help you preserve them. The County partners with Bay Village and the Cleveland Restoration Society to offer low interest loans that provide the funds you need to modernize and make energy efficient improvements.
The Society’s team of old house experts will give you technical advice regarding the construction process. There are no income restrictions and investment properties are eligible.
For More Information
For program parameters and participating cities, and other pertinent information please review the:
- Heritage Home Program website
- Cuyahoga County Department of Development - Heritage Home Loan page
- Cleveland Restoration Society’s website
Additionally, brochures with more information are available at Bay Village City Hall.
The Home Weatherization Assistance Program provides free energy efficiency improvements to eligible homeowners and renters in Cuyahoga County, outside the City of Cleveland, at no cost to the household.
For More Information
For more information, visit the Cuyahoga County Home Weatherization Assistance Program page.
Applying for Assistance
To apply for weatherization assistance in Cuyahoga County please call 216-664-2045.
The Home Enhancement Loan Program (HELP) allows homeowners in all of Cuyahoga County communities except Bentleyville, Chagrin Falls Township, and Hunting Valley to borrow money for repairing or remodeling homes at three percentage points below a bank’s market rate for home improvement loans.
HELP has no restrictions on a borrower’s income and few limitations on what improvements can be made to a property. Both owner occupied and investment properties are eligible.
Important HELP Facts
- Bank fees are capped at $175.
- Borrower’s property taxes must be current.
- Credit decisions are based on the bank’s normal lending criteria.
- Home improvement loans at 3 percentage points below normal bank rates.
- Includes both owner-occupied and investment dwellings.
- Loans may also be used for code violation compliance and property upgrades.
- Loans may be used for alteration, repair, maintenance, or improvement.
- Loan maturity of up to 5 years, 10 years for loans of more than $12,500.
- Maximum loan amount $200,000.
- Minimum loan amount $3,000.
- No limit on borrower’s income.
- Single-family, two-family, and multi-family dwellings are eligible.
- Single and two-family dwellings must have a tax value of less than $250,000.
- There is no tax value limit on multi-family dwellings.
Applications are available at any bank branch of these participating banks:
- First Federal of Lakewood
- Huntington Bank
- PNC Bank
- U.S. Bank
For Additional Information
For additional information, please call 216-443-2149 or visit the Cuyahoga County HELP page.