- Around Town
- Information for New Residents
Information for New Residents
Welcome to Bay Village!
It will not take long to realize this picture-postcard small community is a wonderful place to live. Enjoy 138 acres of parkland located throughout the city, a convenient town center, and most important the friendly, caring residents.
Need to get your utilities connected? These are the most frequently requested utility contacts.
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) operates bus service from Bay Village. For further information contact the RTA answer line 216-621-9500 or their website. For your convenience, an RTA Park-n-Ride is located on Clague Road between Lake Road and Wolf Road.
- Noise Ordinance
- Sanitary Sewer Use Charge
- Sewer Back-Up
- Traffic Tips
- Voter Registration
The City of Bay Village Noise Ordinance prohibits excessive noise (such as dogs barking, lawn mowing, construction, & loud music) before 8 am and after 9 pm.
Snow removal equipment, during snowfall, is exempt.
A list of community clubs and organizations can also be found on our Directory of Clubs and Organizations.
Parks, Facilities & Amenities
- A state of the art playground is located in Cahoon Memorial Park on Dover Center Road. This wooden playground structure offers young children the opportunity to exercise their imaginations as well as their bodies.
- Reese Park located on Clague Road is home to our new all access play equipment.
- The city’s park facilities include a swimming pool and fields for:
- The Lake Erie Nature and Science Center (LENSC) complex includes the Schuele Planetarium, and is open to all and offers an extensive range of programs.
- Huntington Beach is a public beach and is a part of the Huntington Reservation of the Cleveland Metropark system.
- Find a complete list of recreation programs and facilities at the Recreation Department page.
The City of Bay Village charges each residence a flat sewer rental fee of $90 per quarter and a $12 trash removal fee. Both charges are included on one invoice.
West shore communities that share the cost of operating and maintaining the Rocky River Sewage Treatment Plant include:
- Bay Village
- Fairview Park
- Rocky River
For More Information
If you will be out of town when the quarterly bills arrive, or for any inquiries, please contact the Finance Department at 440-871-2200 for payment and other information.
If you experience sewer back up please call the Service Garage at 440-871-1221 to check sewer mains in your street. Garage hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.
At other times, call the Police Department at 440-871-1234.
- There is a 25 miles per hour (mph) speed limit on all Bay Village streets, except Bassett, Bradley, Lake, Osborn and Wolf Roads, which are 35 mph.
- Watch for the 20 mph school zones and always stop at least 10 feet from a school bus when it is receiving or discharging passengers.
- There is no parking on any city street between 2:30 am and 5 am unless permission is granted from the Police Division, who can be contacted at 440-871-1234.
- Please note that there is a six hour time limit for parking on city streets between 5 am and 2:30 am.
You may register to vote (no later than thirty days before an election) if you have lived in Cuyahoga County for thirty days.
Voter registration forms are available at City Hall, the Bay Village Library, or the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections located in downtown Cleveland at:
2925 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115
If You Have Moved
- If you have moved from within Cuyahoga County please notify the Board of Elections with a change of address card, also available at the locations where you can procure voter registration forms.
- If you have moved within Bay Village after the close of voter registration, you may vote from your former address.
- If you have not voted in Cuyahoga County in the past four years you will have to re-register to vote.
For More Information
This information is simply a brief overview of some common questions that new residents often have. Please don’t hesitate to call on us at City Hall if you have any questions about your new community. The City Hall main telephone number is 440-871-2200.
Where do I vote? Access a map of all the wards, precincts, and a list of poll locations (PDF) for Bay Village. Bay Village precincts and polling locations.