How to Find the Right Volunteer Opportunity
· Would you like to work with people or would you rather work in solitude?
· Do you prefer to work alone or as part of a team?
· Are you better behind the scenes of do you prefer to take a more visible role?
· How much time are you willing to commit?
· How much responsibility are you willing to take on?
· What skills can you bring to a volunteer job
· What causes are important to you?
When it comes to volunteering- passion and positivity are the ONLY requirements!
Getting the Most Out of Volunteering
· Ask questions.
· Make sure you know what is expected.
· Don't be afraid to make a change.
· Enjoy yourself.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering provides many benefits to both mental and physical health:
· Connects you to others
· Increases self confidence
· Combats depression
· Helps you stay physically healthy
· Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life
Volunteer Opportunities at the Dwyer Center
· Meals on Wheels
· Front Desk
· Flu Shot Day
· Prime Times Collators
· Fundraising Volunteers
· Plant Care
· Tax Volunteers
· Bridge Volunteers
· Legal Volunteer
· Community Services Advisory Board
· Holiday Caring and Sharing
· Woodshop Volunteers
How Do I Get Started?
Stop by the Dwyer Center and talk with both the Senior Center Manager and the Assistant to the Community Services Director.
They can give you more information about volunteer opportunities and help you determine how you would like to get involved!
Senior Center Manager - 835-6565
Assistant Director & Meals on Wheels Coordinator- Connie Lupica - 899-3442
Volunteering is FUN and EASY! You will find it meaningful and interesting. It is an energizing escape from your day to day routine. It will provide you with renewed creativity and motivation.
JOIN US! We would love to have you join our volunteer team.